Suffolk has a variety of synagogues — Reform, Conservative, Chabad, Young Israel and Reconstructionist. For anybody interested in Jewish life, Suffolk County is the place to be.
Suffolk County occupies the central and eastern part of Long Island, in the extreme southeast of New York State. The eastern end of the county splits into two peninsulas, known as the North Fork and the South Fork. The county is surrounded by water on three sides, including the Atlantic Ocean and Long Island Sound.
Become part of the caring Jewish community of Suffolk County. You can join members of your community in supporting ELIJA. Browse the list of the Suffolk County Jewish organizations and agencies that are part of ELIJA.
Advantages of Jewish Life in Suffolk County
- Blue Ribbon Public Schools
- Real Estate
- Great Shopping
- Easy Transportation
- Huntington Hospital and St. Catherine’s Hospital in Smthitown/Stoneybrook
- Hauppage Industrial Park – 2nd largest park in USA after Silicon Valley
- Many wonderful places to buy Kosher food
- Many Attractions including a beautiful and well equipped town, county and state parks, beaches, golf courses and tennis courts
- Fishing boats 30 minutes away in Captree
- Boatyards on both the north and south shores
- Cold Spring National Laboratory
- Touro Law School
- Touro Health Sciences Center
Suffolk County Links